Helsinki Summer School is a three-week academic event organised every August by the University of Helsinki. The heart and soul of Helsinki Summer School is its wide range of fully-credited courses, all of which are taught in English. Helsinki Summer School offers courses for students doing their Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree.
Helsinki Summer School offers courses that cover a wide range of academic fields and multidisciplinary topics. The courses organised by the University of Helsinki, a leading university, are designed to challenge and inspire you in a learning environment that promotes equality.
Helsinki Summer School is perfect for you who have completed at least 2 years of university-level studies and wish to
- earn credits during the summer
- learn more about an interesting topic
- freshen up your professional skills
- carry out a short study period abroad
- try out studying at the University of Helsinki
Helsinki Summer School is open to applicants from all over the world and courses are fully credited in your own university. All courses are taught in English; therefore you need to be fluent in English.
HELSINKI SUMMER SCHOOL AUG 7 – AUG 23, 2018
Detailed course information 2018 will be available latest by the beginning of December. Remember to join our mailing list for the very latest news.
Preliminary course list of Helsinki Summer School 2018:
- 21st-century Digital Storytelling
- Air quality in China
- Cooperative Law for Sustainable Development
- Diversities of Religions and Worldviews in Public Education
- English as a Lingua Franca: New practices, new norms?
- Environmental Ethics in a Global Context
- Feminist Research in the Social Sciences and Humanities
- Global Poverty, Human Rights and Development
- Heavy Metal Music in Contemporary History and Society
- Intensive Finnish Course
- Interculturality in a New Global World: China’s One Belt One Road as an Example
- Introduction to Conceptual History
- Law and Society in China
- Managing Sustainable Forest Landscapes
- Political Humour in the Hybrid Media System
- Populism in Europe and Beyond
- Problems of Democracy in the Eastern EU countries
- Rhetoric-performative, Post-foundational Analysis in Social Sciences and Humanities
- Welfare City or Gentrification?
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. That is why HSS arranges a wide range of social events to help students get to know their colleagues and Finland better while having fun. Most events are free of charge for HSS students. Certain special events hold payments (see descriptions) and need to be booked and paid for in advance.
FURTHER INFORMATION & CONTACT
Helsinki Summer School
P.O. Box 3
FI-00014 University of Helsinki
Below please find a video about the Helsinki Summer School:
- Country: Finland
- City: Helsinki
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Language Courses: Finnish
- Level: Bachelor, Master, PhD & post-doctoral programs
- Program Language: English
- Program start: Tuesday, 07 August 2018
- Leisure & Tourism Economy
- Tourism Management
- (European) Cultural Studies
- Media Studies
- Creative writing
- Political Science
- European Studies
- International Law
- Religious Studies
- Environmental Studies
- International Relations & Global Affairs
- Climate Change
- Chinese Studies
- China: Economy; Politics & current developments